Having the best cloud storage remains a top priority as consumers and businesses continue the historic trend of continuous digital transformation. This trend is expected to continue until 2022, with increased reliance on electronic cloud backups and less focus on local storage devices and infrastructure.
With so many cloud storage options, it is important to choose a provider that provides the optimal storage size and bandwidth to keep your data safe and sound.
The following list includes the best cloud storage providers that are likely to provide the best service. Most offer free plans to get a sample service before you decide if it’s worth being a paid customer. From a business point of view, aspects such as needs and quality of services are different from the consumer-oriented approach, so this decision requires more careful consideration.
1. BackBlaze Business Cloud Storage
Best for data encryption
Backblaze is one of the best cloud storage and a backup company that provides S3 compatible storage for businesses. You can also quickly migrate your data from Amazon to Backblaze B2 cloud storage.
Seamless integration with SAN, NAS, or software it’s also possible. Also, compatibility with native API or S3, GUI, and CLI means minimal encoding requirements for data migration.
BackBlaze is also HIPAA compliant, providing data solutions to healthcare facilities. You can also manually adjust the acceleration and welding parameters.
- Cloud services are resizable to handle every workload
- Distribute and push your globally stored content with Backblaze CDN partners
- Additionally, the software can also measure the time required to create a backup based on the last file transfer speed
- Manage and store large media files without changing your regular workflows
- Store and archive data securely on VMs, servers, NAS, and computers
Price: BackBlaze offers three pricing options:
- Monthly: $6
- Yearly: $60
- Two-year Plan: $110
Best for remote
LiveDrive is a cloud storage platform that provides cloud backup storage for personal, commercial, and resale. Provides unlimited PC/Mac backups to help you edit and access your files from anywhere.
LiveDrive can also automatically upload files to UK data centers. Additionally, you can restore your files to a new device in case of theft or failure. It also utilizes intrusion prevention technology to provide 24-hour physical security.
You can also use LiveDrive to create group folders so that professionals can collaborate privately. Additionally, you can use these folders to send data across your organization and control access to files.
Besides, the control panel reflects the status of recent backups and scheduled tasks, while showing how much storage space is left.
In the field of security, LiveDrive offers two-factor authentication (2FA), three-level physical access security, and compliance with EU privacy legislation.
- Co-Branding and White Label Options: You can add your own logo, change the name, and replace images or text on the portal
- Backup + Pro: Easily backup and restore your documents, folders, and files by installing Mac or Windows software. You can also download files in any format from LiveDrive
- Briefcase: You can place all your files in a single ‘Briefcase’ folder and then view and edit them from any device. This online file drive feature also supports AES-128 security encryption
Price: LiveDrive offers different plans for business and personal use.
- Backup: $8.99/month
- Pro Suite: $25/month
- Briefcase: $16/month
- Business Express: $50/month for 2TB of cloud storage
- Business Standard: $160/month for 10TB of cloud storage
Best for browser-based UI and apps for desktop and smartphones
Icedrive is a cloud storage tool that helps you manage and access cloud storage on your operating system. You can use it directly in your browser or you can download applications for desktops and mobile devices.
Desktop applications provide an in-house OS user experience for deleting, modifying, downloading, and opening files. On the one hand, mobile apps let you stream media, share files and folders, and back up your entire device.
Also, the cache control solution ensures fast access to large files. You can save and open used files quickly. In other words, you do not have to wait for the files to be synchronized.
Compatible with all types of devices and available in all app stores, you can easily access your files. You can also add comments to the overview page to receive and submit comments.
Icedrive also provides a built-in media player for streaming videos directly from the database and viewing document previews. You can also view the image without downloading it.
- Featured GUI: Its web-based software provides a user-friendly interface that supports drag-and-drop and right-click functionality
- Advanced Browser Upload: It offers a browser-based upload system that leverages ‘chunked uploads’ to upload big files without any interruption
- Document Conversion: You can convert all vector types and documents to a particular format to preview the documents directly on your browser
Price: Icedrive provides three pricing options:
- Lite: $1.67/month for 150GB storage
- Pro: $4.17/month for 1TB storage
- Pro Plus: $15/month for 5TB storage
Best for businesses looking for a self-hosted cloud storage platform
Nextcloud is a self-hosted cloud storage platform that lets you share and access your photos, files, and documents for work. You can integrate the internal storage system into your local network to create a cloud storage system in Nextcloud.
Its complete integration allows you to access your data from FTP, SharePoint, Windows network drives, NFS, object storage, and more. Integration with calendars, contacts, emails, etc. It can also help you work with your team and speed up your work.
Nextcloud also sends real-time notifications about comments and mobile app sharing to enhance team collaboration. In addition, you can improve your communications with productivity tools, such as private audio and video conferencing, integrated file access, and live chat.
Also, Nextcloud provides functionality for HIPAA and GDPR compliance, file access control, and control.
- Nextcloud Data Analytics: It transforms data into actionable reports and shares them with you and your team members. You can also use it to track and analyze the data imported via API
- Data Retention: You can define rules to ensure data retention and allow periodic cleanup of files. You can also put a time limit to data to keep the data for a particular amount of time
- Automate Tasks: You can automate tedious and repetitive tasks like data entry. You can also include flow elements, including triggers or actions, and build separate flow apps
Price: Nextcloud offers three pricing options:
- Basic: Starting at 50 users for 1900€/year
- Standard: Starting at 50 users for 3400€/year
- Premium: Starting at 50 users for 4900€/year
Best for large enterprises that need mass storage
Zoolz offers backup and cloud storage programs for an unlimited number of users and servers. Offers unlimited downloads and speed limit shots. Besides, Zoolz comes with an AWS-based backend to improve security and cloud migration.
Features such as versatility backup, playback, and playback ensure the availability of custom data. You can also make faster backups using features such as deduplication, block-level downloads, and saving selected files. You can also use these features to limit the amount of storage space used for a particular file.
There is a file browser that lets you manage, organize, share, search, and preview all files stored in the cloud. You can also take advantage of the central device to recover files on any computer at any time.
You can also back up and write user policies, giving you complete control over your data.
The main control options include backup, storage limits, encryption permissions, and the ability to suspend, activate, and delete users. Not only that, but you can also encrypt and decrypt files and share download expiration dates. You will be notified as soon as someone accesses or downloads the shared file.
In addition, Zoolz complies with the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Besides, it provides compliance with HIPAA and many other certifications and privacy laws, statutes, and frameworks.
- Cold Storage: You can use it to archive files by selecting the data to create instant backups for lesser-used files. It also offers zero restore costs and remote restore
- Hybrid + Feature: It creates local copies of backup files to achieve lesser recovery time using a local repository over the cold storage
- Snowball Appliance: It sends Amazon’s Snowball appliance for businesses that need to transfer over 10 TB of data
Price: Zoolz offers three pricing options:
- 1TB: $14.99/month
- 2TB: $29.99/month
- 5TB: $74.99/month
6. Apple iCloud
Best Cloud Storage for regular Macbook, iPhone, and iMac users
Apple iCloud is a cloud storage and configuration service provided by Apple that helps you store notes, files, photos, and more. With 5 GB of free storage, you can add more storage at any time.
All original photos and videos will be uploaded to iCloud, but the lite version will remain on your device. This saves a lot of storage space for mobile phones, even years ago, without losing media. Also, you can use iCloud to manage and share your photos.
You can now use Apple iCloud to access, organize, and store all your files. You can also share it with anyone using a private link. All you have to do is choose which members can view, add comments and add their own photos and videos.
Additionally, changes made to the Apple device are automatically updated on all other devices that have the same Apple ID. This feature allows you to keep all your contacts, notes, calendars, reminders, etc. So far.
You can also save all Keynote pages, numbers, and tasks in iCloud. You can also manage, share, and edit documents on the Web. You can also allow your team or family to edit files and collaborate.
iCloud helps you access your messages and track your conversation from any device, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod. You can also read articles from your reading list without internet access or use the same bookmarks on all iOS devices.
- iCloud KeyChain: It automatically stores all confidential data entered into your iOS devices, including your passwords, credit card detail, etc.
- Find My Device Feature: This feature helps you locate or track all your Apple devices backed with iCloud, including iPhones, iPad, Mac, etc. You can also share the location with anybody you want.
- Family Sharing: You can share your iCloud account with up to five members for free. This helps you share your favorite books, music, media, and other purchases with your family members.
Price: Apple iCloud offers four pricing options:
- 5 GB: Free
- 50 GB: $0.99/month
- 200 GB: $2.99/month
- 2 TB: $9.99/month
7. Microsoft OneDrive
Best for those using Windows 10 and working with Microsoft 365
Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting and synchronization service provided by Microsoft as part of Microsoft 365. You can save your files to the Microsoft OneDrive folder and access them from anywhere.
You can access, edit and share your files anytime, anywhere, and from any device. Not only that, you can back up all your important files at any time.
OneDrive also lets you share files with multiple members by sending a link as text or email. Besides, there is no limit to the file size. You can send a file of any size.
It also integrates with many third-party applications such as Outlook, AutoCAD, and Xbox One. You can see that integration with the Xbox console allows you to store almost any type of file on OneDrive.
On the security side, OneDrive lets you store sensitive files such as passports, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies in the Personal Vault. You can also take advantage of the ransomware recovery feature to protect your documents.
- Personal Vault: This feature lets you store some of your essential files with an extra layer of protection. You can also offer an additional security layer using identity verification with your fingerprint, face, SMS code, or other methods
- Document Scanning: OneDrive also provides a document scanning feature to help you scan and store notes, receipts, business cards, documents, and more.
Price: Microsoft OneDrive offers four pricing options:
- OneDrive Basic: $0/month (5GB)
- OneDrive Standalone: $1.99/month (100GB)
- Microsoft 365 Personal: $69.99/year (1TB)
- Microsoft 365 Family: $99.99/year (6TB)
Best cloud storage tool for taking backups
iDrive is a cloud storage and backup company that can back up an unlimited number of devices to one account. You can back up the devices you need, such as PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
The storage tool protects all the data in your cloud account and the stored data is encrypted with AES 256-bit encryption.
You can also install the iDrive online backup application on your mobile phone from the App Store and Google Play Store. You can back up contacts, videos, photos, calendar events, files, etc. Directly from your smartphone.
Scan and release controls provide historical data information for timely retrieval and ransomware protection. This tool preserves up to 30 previous versions of all files stored in your account.
Additionally, you can access all file backups from any device, even any web browser. Not only that, but you can also share, manage and restore all file backups to any device.
- Offline View: You can use the offline view to view your files on your mobile devices without any internet connectivity
- RemotePC: Operate your PC anywhere and anytime from any device. The remote desktop software lets you manage your files, print documents, transfer data, and more remotely
- Vision: Vision is a free add-on that helps you enhance remote customer support, troubleshooting, and internal training using video assistance
Price: iDrive offers two types of plans for business and personal use.
- 5 TB: $52.12 first year
- 10TB: $74.62 first year
- 250GB: $74.62 for the first year
- 500GB: $149.62 for the first year
- 1.25TB: $374.62 for the first year
- 2.5TB: $599.62 for the first year
- 5TB: $1,124.62 for the first year
- 12.5TB: $2,249.62 for the first year
9. Google Drive
Best for safeguarding your data
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronization service that lets you store, share, and collaborate files. You can access, store and share your files from any device, including mobile phones, computers, laptops, and tablets.
Additionally, Drive integrates with applications such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slideshows, and some cloud-based applications to help you work with your team. All your work, including documents, spreadsheets, and slides, is automatically saved to your drive. It also eliminates the need to move and transfer content from one tool to another.
Integration with Microsoft Office also allows you to work with multiple team members and work on the same file at the same time. Not only that, but Drive also works with Slack, Salesforce, Adobe, DocuSign, Atlassian, and other business tools.
In addition, cloud storage tools support more than 100 file formats such as PDF, images, videos, and CAD. Therefore, you do not need to convert files every time you save a file to the player.
They use Google AI search technology to help teams find the right content quickly and accurately. AI-based priority features also help you predict and find the most relevant content based on previous activity.
- Security Measures: Google Drive provides numerous security features like Data Loss Prevention, Vault for eDiscovery, and archiving to safeguard your data. It also prevents team members from sharing sensitive content with outsiders
- Offline Access: You can create, edit, and view files even if you don’t have an internet connection. Plus, all of the changes made in offline mode get automatically sync when you get the internet.
Price: Google Drive offers plans depending on the amount of storage provided:
- 100GB: $1.99/month
- 200GB: $2.99/month
- 2TB: $9.99/month
- 30TB: $299.9/month
Best overall software for cloud storage
Dropbox is a file hosting service that provides cloud storage, personal cloud, file synchronization, and client software. Now you can store your tools, content, and files in one place and share them with anyone you want.
You can also save Google Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Microsoft Office files, and Dropbox Paper content to the Dropbox folder. Dropbox also lets you access your files from multiple devices, such as computers, tablets, phones, and laptops. You can also use the Gmail Dropbox add-on to facilitate sharing and accessing your files.
Not only that, you can access files from your web browser by logging in without installing the program. You can also install the mobile app to access and manage files directly from your smartphone. You can also upload files to the Dropbox folder in desktop and mobile applications.
Additionally, you can back up all your important files. Additionally, you can download files, webcams, phones, and SD cards.
Integration with various business tools such as Zoom and Slack also allows team members to work together. There is also a calendar integration option that suggests templates for downloading content, files, and notes related to upcoming meetings.
Security features include SSL/TLS encryption for saved and relocated files and two-factor authentication for your Dropbox account. However, Dropbox does not provide end-to-end encryption.
- File Recovery: You can also recover accidentally deleted files from the Dropbox backup folder. The recovery software lets you restore all of the files deleted in the past 30 days
- Dropbox Transfer: With Dropbox transfer, you can send files up to 100GB to anyone you want. Also, send files up to 250GB with creative tools add-on
- Content Suggestions: It provides content suggestions based on your Dropbox activity that helps you directly jump to the files that you’re most likely to need.
Price: Dropbox provides four pricing options:
- Professional: $19.99/user/month
- Standard: $15/user/month
- Advanced: $25/user/month
- Enterprise: Quote-Based